Let’s talk about one of my favorite oils out there! (Also, I realize I say this a lot about 98% of oils I talk about; but I can’t help it – I love them all!)
Anyway, let’s talk about where Thieves Essential Oil came from; created from research based on legends about a group of 15th-century thieves who rubbed botanicals on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead the dying. When apprehended, the thieves were forced to tell what their secret was and disclosed the formula of the herbs, spices, and oils they used to protect themselves in exchange for more lenient punishment. Check out the Essential Oils Desk Reference for more details!
Thieves is a blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalptus Radiata, and Rosemary. You can use thieves topically, aromatically, and internally (Thieves Vitality).
I use Thieves for many different things; supporting overall wellness, doing my laundry, cleaning my house, brushing my teeth, the list goes on…
Young Living offers some really great Thieves products. Obviously, the essential oil blend itself, but there are also many products they offer with thieves in it.
For your home:
- Automatic Dishwasher Powder
- Dish Soap
- Foaming Hand Soap
- Fruit and Veggie Soak
- Fruit and Veggie Spray
- Household Cleaner **my personal favorite**
- Nontoxic, biodegradable, all-purpose cleaning solution using these therapeutic grade essential oils as emulsifiers and germ killers.
- Dilute in a 30:1 ratio water to solution for all purpose cleaning. You can use it in a more concentrated ratio for extra strength purposes.
- Laundry Soap **another favorite**
- plant-based formula washes closes without chemicals or synthetics.
- only need a 1/2 of cap for traditional washers or 1/4 of cap for HE washers.
- easily adjusted for a more heavily soiled load or smaller / larger loads
- Waterless Hand Purifier **I carry this with me at all times**
- Thieves Toothpastes:
- AromaBright (the one I use)
- Dentarome Plus
- Dentarome Ultra
- Thieves Dental Floss
- Cough Drops
- Hard Lozenges
I’m sure there may be some products that I have might have missed…but as you can see there are tons of products that use Thieves! If you have any questions, as always, send them by way!